Links by Topic
Links by Topic is a portal to cancer-related information, resources, and publications.
Updated November 2021
Links are reviewed for quality using a predetermined criteria
and are organized by cancer topic and cancer type. These links include websites based in Texas as well as those found across the country. Texas based sites are identified by a small Texas icon.
Search Links by Topic
Select a Cancer Topic and a Cancer Type and click on the Submit Query button below.
Link Selection Criteria
The link selection criteria for Links by Topic includes:
- Cancer Related
- Educational/Informational - Purpose is primarily educational and/or informational. (Site is not overtly commercial.
However, site may charge shipping and handling costs to cover mailing or production of materials.)
- Responsibility - institution, organization, author, or sponsor is clearly identified.
- Content - Content should have sources of information and credentials of authors indicated.
Caveats and disclaimers are included and easily found. Dates that content was posted and updated should
be indicated and easily found. Site is user-friendly and provides information that is relevant to the audience.
- Credibility of Information - for example, reputation of hosting entity, accuracy of information,
and/or scientific basis - expert opinion vs. systematic controlled studies, etc. as appropriate to subject matter.
- Accessible - The site is consistently available and maintained. The site is accessible to the commonly
used browsers, i.e., Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
- Feedback - feedback mechanism is easily available to users whether by phone, fax or e-mail.
Suggest a Link
If you would like to suggest a link for inclusion in Links by Topic, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. All proposed links are reviewed according to the predetermined criteria above to assess the overall quality and usefulness of the information found on each site.