Healthy Congregations Toolkit
The Energy Balance Work Group at MD Anderson Cancer Center worked with local partners and healthcare professionals to develop the Healthy Congregations Toolkit. We are pleased to share this with you and hope that it is helpful in assisting you with incorporating healthy programs within your institution.
The Toolkit focuses on "energy balance," or the way to eat well (energy intake) and being physically active (energy output) for better health.
The Healthy Congregations Toolkit offers suggestions and resources on the following topics:
- Walk By Faith: How to begin a walking club.
- Food for the Soul: MD Anderson Cancer Center offers speakers on a variety of topics for your congregation.
- Sowing Seeds: How to begin a community garden using list of local education resources.
- In the Spirit of Health: MD Anderson Cancer Center offers newsletters for your congregation via email.
- Brochures & Exhibits: MD Anderson Cancer Center offers these to support your congregation’s event or health fair.
Download the Toolkit
Before downloading the Toolkit, please provide the following information about your organization/faith-based institution and click on the Submit button. This information will only be visible to the OFfice of Health Policy leadership, and is being collected to evaluate and improve distribution of the Healthy Congregations Toolkit. Your information will not be shared with external parties. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Marcita Galindez, MPA at 713-563-9517 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marcita Galindez, MPA, Program Manager