I want to find a cancer physician.
The following websites will assist you in locating a cancer physician in your area. TCI does not specifically endorse any websites or physicians. Your insurance provider's website may also contain information about specialists that are covered by your insurance plan. You should contact the office of any physician you identify for additional information about their services and how to make an appointment.
- Texas Medical Association (TMA) - Find a Physician
(For a list of physicians/specialists in your area, leave most fields blank and select Specialty and County. You may also enter your City.
- Texas Osteopathic Medical Association - Find a D.O.
(For a list of doctors of osteopathic medicine in your area, leave First Name and Last Name fields blank, enter your city in the Practice/Business Address City field and select specialty/specialties.
- Texas Medical Board - Look Up a License
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) - Find a Cancer Doctor
- American Board of Medical Specialties - Is Your Doctor Board Certified
(Individual look-up. Registration required.)
- American Medical Association (AMA) - DoctorFinder
(Website may not generate list for cities/zip codes with high density of specialists.)
- American Osteopathic Association - Finda a DO
NCI-Designated Cancer Centers
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) has named four cancer centers in Texas as leaders in cancer research. Two centers are in Houston, one is in Dallas and one is in San Antonio. These centers focus on finding new treatments for cancer through clinical trial testing. To find out more, please visit the Web sites or call the numbers below:
- Cancer Therapy and Research Center at the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio
1-800-340-2872 or (210) 450-1000
Find a Doctor: http://www.ctrc.net/ctrc2.cfm?mid=1002
- The Dan L. Duncan Cancer Center at Baylor College of Medicine, Houston
Find a Physician: https://www.bcm.edu/healthcare/find-a-physician/
- Harold C. Simmons Cancer Center at UT Southwestern Medical Center
(214) 645-HOPE (4673) or (800) 460-HOPE (4673)
Our Cancer Doctors: http://www.utswmedicine.org/conditions-specialties/cancer/doctors/
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston
askMDAnderson: 1-877-MDA-6789 (1-877-632-6789)
Care Centers and Clinics: http://www.mdanderson.org/patient-and-cancer-information/care-centers-and-clinics/index.html
(Click on the multidisciplinary Care Center for your cancer for more information and a list of Doctors & Staff.)
Other information you may find useful:
- I want to find a hospital.
- I want to find a cancer treatment center.
- Where do I go if I am uninsured or have a low income?
- Find Cancer Services
- Continuing Education
- Educational Materials
- Cancer Data & Programs
- Links by Topic
Selected external websites (will open in new window):
- MD Anderson Cancer Center - Professional Oncology Education
- Texas Medical Board
- National Cancer Institute - How To Find a Doctor or Treatment Facility If You Have Cancer
- American Cancer Society (ACS) - Finding Treatment Centers>
- American Cancer Society (ACS) - Questions to Ask Your Doctor
- American Cancer Society Screening Recommendations Pocket Guide, produced by POEP
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Pocket Guide, produced by POEP
- Tobacco Cessation Pocket Guide, produced by POEP